School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC)
School Improvement Advisory Committee
The School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) is a board-appointed committee that is representative of the Muscatine Community School District and community.
Specific membership requirements to be met are as follows:
- At least two student representatives including the Muscatine High School Student Council president, Junior Class president, and any other student representatives deemed appropriate.
- Three teacher representatives including an elementary and secondary teacher as well as the MEA president.
- Three administration representatives including Superintendent, Director of Innovation and Instruction, and Principal.
- Four community representatives from business and non-profit sectors.
- Two parent representatives.
- Total representation should reflect the community’s demographics to the largest extent practicable.
The purpose of the SIAC Committee is to provide input to the board of education regarding:
- Major educational needs
- Student learning goals
- Long-range and annual improvement goals
- Desired levels of student performance
- Progress toward meeting district goals
- Harassment/bullying prevention initiatives
- Character education
The SIAC committee will meet a minimum of three times a year to review district data and develop recommendations for the board of education for the annual goal-setting meeting. In addition, individual SIAC members will be available to meet with the Department of Education Comprehensive Site Visit Team.