About East Campus
At East Campus we believe every student is able not only to learn but also excel. We encourage personalized education and smaller community-learning environments where students work collaboratively on authentic lessons/projects addressing world issues. Therefore, students secure a platform to apply standards and content, in turn taking ownership of their learning while locating social emotional connections.
The staff at East Campus works collaboratively with Muscatine High School andWest and Central Middle Schools to ensure students in need of alternative education are recommended and supported. Our goal is to provide an innovative environment that fuels student empowerment in which students participate in their education, realizing their civic worth and intelligence.
East Campus students will receive:
- personalized education that infuses student passions and unique learning styles
- smaller learning environments
- an inter/transdisciplinary education
- rigorous academic support fueled by a human element
- work experience and internship opportunities
- purposeful learning that leads to authentic projects rather than simulated lessons
- personal, individualized support that encourages post-secondary endeavors