Harassment and bullying of students and employees are against federal, state and local policy, and are not tolerated by the Muscatine Community School District. The District is committed to providing all students with a safe school environment in which all members of the school community are treated with dignity and respect. The district developed a team of staff, parents, students and community members who meet on a regular basis to design bullying prevention for our community.
A student (or adult on student’s behalf) who believes s/he has suffered harassment should report such matters to certified staff/administrators.
Related Policies and Procedures
- 402.01 Equal Employment/Affirmative Action with Administrative Procedures
- 402.02 Nondiscrimination – Employees
- 402.03 Anti-Bullying Harassment with Administrative Procedures
- 402.04 Civil Rights Grievance Procedure – Employees with Administrative Procedures
- 402.05 Appeals to Administrative Rules & Regulations
- 503.01 Multicultural/Nonsexist Equity & Education Opportunities
- 503.02 Anti-Bullying/Harassment with Administrative Procedures
- 503.03 Civil Rights Grievance Procedures – Students with Administrative Procedures
- 503.04 Interviews with Students
- http://www.stopbullying.gov/ – A web site provided by the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/ – Up to date information regarding bullying rates and ways to identify bullying.
- Bullying Investigations Flow Chart Oct 3 2012
- Bullying Behavior Consequence Matrix
- Bullying Conduct May Include
*Your Life Iowa – http://yourlifeiowa.org/aboutus
Cyberbullying Toolkit: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/cyberbullying-toolkit
Iowa Department of Education Resources: http://educateiowa.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1030&Itemid=2911
Iowa families deserve access to the information they need to identify and address the topics of bullying and suicide. If you are an Iowa parent or educator, or are confronted with the topic of bullying and suicide, we have information to help you address these issues.