Bridgestone Americas Manufacturing Group
Classroom of the Quarter
About the Award
Bridgestone Americas, The Muscatine Journal and KWPC-AM/Vintage Sound FM are partners in our community and therefore committed to the quality of education offered to our students. As a result, each quarter, Bridgestone will award $500 to a teacher or a team of teachers in the Muscatine Community School District. This $500 is designed to assist teachers with the resources needed to shape the classroom environment to enhance learning for every child. Our vision is to enrich the environment for our students, in our schools, one classroom at a time!
Application Due Dates
Applications are due by 4 PM on the following dates:
- September 15, 2016
- November 15, 2016
- January 15, 2017
- March 15, 2017
Applications are reviewed and awarded once per quarter. Applications are reviewed by an independent committee consisting of Bridgestone, the Muscatine Community School District and our media partners. Awards are given at the discretion of the Bridgestone and Muscatine Media Awards Review Board. The Committee Chair will refrain from voting. Teachers will be contacted by the Committee Chair if additional information or clarification is needed. Teachers are encouraged to follow the rubric; provide as much detail as possible for the committee to review. Applications submitted after the 15th of the month will be reviewed at the following quarter’s meeting.
Every teacher with a classroom (PreK-12) in the Muscatine Community School District is eligible to apply for this grant. Eligible teachers and/or teams of five or less may submit an application once every quarter of the school year; however, classrooms are only eligible to receive a grant once per school year. Individual teachers may also submit an application once per quarter if they were previously awarded a grant as part of a team of teachers.
Applications must have the approval of the principal at the teacher’s home school before they will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will be returned to the teacher with a request to obtain appropriate approval and/or additional information or clarification.
If submitting electronically,
- applicants should click the link above and complete application.
(If it doesn’t automatically open in Microsoft Word, check your Downloads folder.)
- submit the application as an attachment in an email to Lisa Bunn firstname.lastname@example.org.
- your building principal will need to send an email to Lisa Bunn with the following text in the body of the message:
- I have read and approve these enrichment upgrades to our school/classroom as written in this grant and submitted by [insert Teacher(s) name(s)].
If submitting a hard copy,
- applications should be downloaded, printed and delivered to Lisa Bunn at the Administration Center.
- applications should be signed by the building principal.
- clearly mark envelope with “Classroom of the Quarter Grant.”