School Improvement Advisory Committee
The School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) is a board appointed committee that is representative of the Muscatine Community School District and community.
Community and staff membership will serve in a rotating capacity. The MEA Representative, superintendent, directors, student board representative, Board of Education Representative and Perkins Advisory Representative are not subject to the staggered rotation schedule, but are based on the position.
Specific membership requirements
- At least two student representatives, including the School Board Student Representatives, and any other student representatives
- Three teacher representatives including the MEA President, an elementary teacher and secondary teacher
- Administration representatives including superintendent, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, Director of Student Services, Director of Communications and Community Engagement, and two administrators
- The Perkins Advisory Representative
- At least four community representatives from business and non-profit sectors
- Three parent representatives
- Total representation should reflect the community’s demographics to the largest extent practicable
The purpose of the School Improvement Advisory Committee is to provide input to the board of education regarding:
- Major educational needs
- Student Learning goals
- Long-range and annual improvement goals
- Desired levels of student performance
- Progress toward meeting district goals
- Social Emotional Behavior Support
SIAC will meet a minimum of two times a year to review district data and provide input on recommendations for the board of education. In addition, individual SIAC committee members will be available to meet with the Department of Education Comprehensive Site Visit Team.