Classroom of the Quarter Grant
Bridgestone Classroom of the Quarter Grant!
About the Award
Bridgestone Americas is committed to the quality of education offered to our students. As a result, each quarter, Bridgestone will award $500 to a teacher or a team of teachers in the Muscatine Community School District. This $500 is designed to assist teachers with the resources needed to shape the classroom environment to enhance learning for every child. Our vision is to enrich the environment for our students in our schools, one classroom at a time!
Applications are reviewed and awarded once per quarter: Bridgestone and the Muscatine Community School District review applications. Teachers will be contacted by a representative from Bridgestone Bandag or MCSD if additional information or clarification is needed. Teachers are encouraged to follow the rubric and provide as much detail as possible for the committee to review. Applications submitted after the 15th of the month will be reviewed at the following quarter’s meeting.
Every teacher with a classroom (PreK-12) in the Muscatine Community School District is eligible to apply for this grant. Eligible teachers and/or teams of five or fewer may submit an application once every quarter of the school year; however, classrooms are only eligible to receive a grant once per school year. Individual teachers may also submit an application once per quarter if they were previously awarded a grant as part of a team of teachers.
Applications must have the approval of the principal at the teacher’s home school before they will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will be returned to the teacher with a request to obtain appropriate approval and/or additional information or clarification.
If submitting electronically:
- Applicants should click the link above and complete the application. (If it doesn’t automatically open in Microsoft Word, check your Downloads folder.)
- Submit the application as an attachment in an email to Tony Loconsole at Tony.Loconsole@mcsdonline.org.
- Your building principal will need to send an email to Tony Loconsole with the following text in the body of the message: “I have read and approved these enrichment upgrades to our school/classroom as written in this grant and submitted by [insert Teacher(s) name(s)].“
If submitting a hard copy:
- Applications should be downloaded, printed, and delivered to Tony Loconsole at the MCSD Administration Center.
- Applications MUST be signed by the building principal.
- Clearly mark the envelope with “Classroom of the Quarter Grant.”