** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Summer Hours: 7:45AM-4PM Monday-Thursday.
MHS Phone #: 563-263-6141
MHS phone system and menu. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- MHS Student Services Summer Counselor Hours:
- Scott Mauck (9th Grade Counselor) – Tuesday, June 7th
Mr. Mauck’s Summer Calendar Hours
- Dani Wolfe (12th Grade Counselor) – Tuesday, June 14th
Ms. Wolfe’s Summer Calendar Hours
- Karey Hawkins – Tuesday, June 21st a.m., Tuesday, June 28th a.m., Tuesday July 12th
Mrs. Hawkins’ Summer Calendar Hours (Career Counselor)
- Elyse Kress (MCC) – Tuesday, June 21st p.m. & Tuesday, June 28 p.m.
Ms. Kress’ Summer Calendar Hours
- Kara Russell (10th Grade Counselor) – Tuesday, July 19th
Ms. Russell’s Summer Calendar Hours
- Troy Kulland (11th Grade Counselor) – Tuesday, July 26th
Mr. Kulland’s Summer Hours Calendar
- Scott Mauck (9th Grade Counselor) – Tuesday, June 7th
- Muscatine Community School District Summer Service Meal Program: Muscatine Community School District is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided, at a first come, first serve basis. MCSD Summer Food Service Program Sites, Times, & Info
- Living Lutheran is Hiring! Dietary Aides, CNAs, RNs, LPNs Living Lutheran Job Opportunities
- Driver’s Ed: To register for upcoming Driver’s Ed sessions, please visit: mbaea.org/student-programs/driver-education
- 2nd Annual Strolling for Safe Sleep – Theo Wolf Foundation Charity Walk & Family FUNdraiser will be held on June 4, 2022 from 8AM-1PM at Susan Clark Junior High School. Event information and registration: 2nd Annual Strolling for Safe Sleep Charity Walk and Family FUNdraiser Info
- Yearbook Distribution Information: MHS Yearbook Distribution Info
- Class of 2022: Final Transcript & AP Scores information you will need to send your final transcripts from MHS and MCC. You will also find the information on how to send your AP test scores if you choose to. Final Transcript & AP Scores Info
- MCC Enrollment: If you indicated to your grade level counselor that you are interested in either CCIR or MCC Career Academy courses for next fall, please use the link below to schedule an appointment with Mrs. Hawkins between now and May 27th.
If you have not already taken a course at MHS that received MCC credit, you will need your laptop at the meeting. https://calendly.com/karey-hawkins/15min-1
If you have already met with Mrs. Hawkins and have not returned your enrollment paperwork, please do so as soon as possible.
- Parents: SMS Text Opt In Feature for School Messenger: SMS_Text Opt-In Flyer/Instructions
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
** Class of 2022 Information **
- Final Transcript & AP Scores information you will need to send your final transcripts from MHS and MCC. You will also find the information on how to send your AP test scores if you choose to. Final Transcript & AP Scores Info
- Summer Employment for 2022 High School Seniors: Temp Associates has summer job opportunities for the summer 2022 at Musco Lighting in Muscatine, IA. See attachment for information!
Musco Summer Jobs
- Aug. 1 Deadline! Seniors who are or intend to attend Muscatine Community College next year: MCC Foundation is extending the MCC scholarship deadline for students planning to attend Muscatine Community College in the 2022-2023 academic year. In addition to new applicants, students who started an application for the March 1 deadline, will be able to complete and submit their original application. Applications can be submitted now through August 1, 2022. Awards will be made as completed applications are received and funds are available. Apply at: www.eicc.edu/scholarships
- Scholarships: 2021-22 Scholarship List & Info
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- Athletic Punch Pass/Card for adults are $40 and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This Punch Card allows you 10 admissions into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Career Days/Camps/College/Military Visits **
- Openings still available!! Genesis Adventures In Nursing (GAIN) Camp 2022 – Pre-Registration Information: The Genesis Adventures in Nursing Summer Camp (GAIN) will be held July 18-22, 2022, for high school students who may be interested in a nursing/healthcare career. Campers will be introduced to different specialties in health care, and participate in activities such as a mock trauma in the emergency department, a mock childbirth, dissection lab, visit the new surgical suites, visit the simulator lab and learning center, learn first aid and CPR, and so much more! Applicants who have completed 9th grade through 2022 high school graduation are invited to register for GAIN camp. Please share the attached Pre-Registration form with your students – Openings are still available! GAIN Brochure/Registration Info
- Juniors: Interested in Army Post High School? Please contact Ms. Wolfe in Student Services or email email@example.com
- Are you interested in a career in Healthcare? If you are interested in a career in Healthcare and would like to get more information about a FREE opportunity at the University of Iowa this summer, please see Mrs. Hawkins in the Student Services office.
** Employment Opportunities **
- Summer Employment for 2022 High School Seniors: Temp Associates has summer job opportunities for the summer 2022 at Musco Lighting in Muscatine, IA. See attachment for information! Musco Summer Jobs
- Story Construction in Ames, Iowa. We are in need of four construction workers this summer to help build a structure at the Tyson Plant in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age upon hire. This would be a great opportunity for a young person interested in construction to learn from the site superintendents and foreman that believe in taking care of and training new employees.
New hires will be exposed to working on an active jobsite, carpentry, concrete walls, metal panels, blueprints, project planning, teamwork, and more. Attached a document with a QR code for applying online. If you know of someone looking for a summer job, please pass this info along to him/her. QR Code Recruiting Flyer
- Pizza Ranch is Hiring! Join our Legendary team today!
- Flexible hours
- Part-time and Full-time Hours Available
- 10% discount on all food purchases when you aren’t working
- Newly remodeled store and exciting work environment
- Apply today at www.pizzaranch.com/careers or come in and grab an application. You can be the next great Ranch Hand ready to give our guests a Legendary experience! Be ready to work hard, have fun, and bless someone’s day.
** Forms **
- School Locker Request (not PE): Student Locker Request Form
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2021-22 Yearbook Distribution Info: Yearbook Distribution // Pickup
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2022-23 Curriculum Guide|