** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies! 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
MHS Hours: 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday
MHS Phone #: 563-263-6141
MHS phone system and menu. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- Join a Youth Bowling League! Youth Bowling League Information
- Back-to-School and Sports Physical/Vaccine Clinic: August 18 from 1-3pm at Community Health Care-2925 Cedar Street, Suite 2. Appointment Required: 563-327-2140. Contact Community Health Care at 563-327-2140 if another date/time is needed.
- MHS Drama – Fall Play Auditions! Our fall play will be “The Play That Goes Wrong” a comedy about a community theatre show that goes terribly wrong. Auditions will be held on August 30 & 31 after school in the auditorium. Students interested should carefully read and follow the instructions given in the Audition Packet – Information document. All MHS students are welcome to audition. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silver Cord Opportunity: The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine needs 8-10 people per day to help with moving furniture on Wednesday, August 17 and Thursday, August 18 from 8am to 3pm.
- Please wear athletic shoes
- Sign up for a morning or an afternoon, or the whole time
- Text or email Moriah to sign up: 563-261-9214 or email@example.com
- All Returning Students Must Register Prior to the Starting of the School Year! 2022-23 Returning Student Information
Returning Student Registration 2022-2023 School Year is Open! Parents/Guardians must register you!
- New Student Registration 2022-2023 School Year is Open! (Homeschool students attending in person school for the first time & new students to the District)
New Student Registration 2022-2023
- MCSD 2022-2023 Transportation Request: For families needing transportation for the 2022-2023 school year we ask that you complete the request form below. Please contact the transportation department with any questions. MCSD Transportation Request Form 2022-2023
- MCSD 2022-23 Meal Program: USDA did not extend free meals to schools this year unless your
Family qualifies by completing a meal application or through state programs through DHS. Please note that only one Iowa Eligibility Application for free or reduced meals needs to be completed per household, each school year. This year the Application is available online on July 15, 2022.
To apply electronically: please go to www.muscatine.k12.ia.us (hover over Department & Programs, click on Food & Nutrition & scroll down on the page) Full communication: 2022-23 MCSD Meal Program Letter
- MCSD Transportation Request 2022-2023 School Year: MCSD Families with students needing transportation for the 2022-2023 school year please complete this online registration form by CLICKING HERE
Las familias de MCSD con estudiantes que necesitan transporte para el año escolar 2022-2023, completen este formulario de registro en línea HACIENDO CLIC AQUÍ.
- Calling all Muskie Volleyball Fans! We officially have an online store to purchase all your Volleyball gear for this coming season!!
All orders will be placed through the online store and then we will pass out all orders once the store closes and orders are shipped to us. MHS Volleyball Online Store
Volleyball Store is Open!
Store Closes: August 21, 2022
Orders Due Back – September 6, 2022
- August 23: New Muskie Day – 9th Grade Students Only! 2-Hour Early Dismissal at 1:31PM.
- 2022-23 Bell Schedules: 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
- Entrance Doors: Doors open at 7:45AM. Bus riders and students being dropped off, please enter through the Commons entrance. Students driving and parking in the Cedar Street Parking Lot, please enter through the “Muskie M” doors. Students driving and parking in the Bonnie Street Parking Lot, enter through the “Gymnasium / Swim Entrance #1” doors. If arriving after 8:15AM, please enter through the Main Entrance.
- MHS Back to School Night – Tuesday, August 23rd from 5-7PM. Information on Parent/Student presentations will be available next week!
- Yearbook Pick-up: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the 2022 Back to School Night on August 23 from 5-7PM. All yearbooks not picked up prior to school beginning, will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center once school is back in session. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Parking Tag Reminder: Reminder that students are to use the same parking tag from the previous year. It will be a $5 charge for all lost parking tags. If you have not received a parking tag or have not registered your vehicle, please fill out the “new vehicle registration form” located under the forms section of the announcements. Forms can be turned into Mrs. Meineke or Mrs. Meeker in the student services. Vehicle Registration Form.pdf
- Fall Sports Kick-off – Friday, Aug. 19. Festivities begin at 5PM Concession will be provided by Muskie Boosters. Introductions begin at 6PM. 2022 Fall Sports Kick-off Friday, Aug. 19
- MHS Picture Day will take place on Monday, September 12th! (No summer picture day this year.)
- MHS does NOT have a Supply List. Teachers will let students know what is needed for each class their first couple of days of classes.
- Incoming 12th Students/Parents: If your student has not received the Meningococcal Vaccine as noted by Iowa Immunization Law, please read the attached letter and if you have any concerns, please email MHS School Nurse, Nancy Van Blarcom at firstname.lastname@example.org. If an appt. is scheduled, please disregard and forward your complete paperwork to Muscatine High School. Thank you! Immunization MCV letter – July 2022.pdf
- Driver’s Ed: To register for upcoming Driver’s Ed sessions, please visit: mbaea.org/student-programs/driver-education
- Class of 2022: Final Transcript & AP Scores information you will need to send your final transcripts from MHS and MCC. You will also find the information on how to send your AP test scores if you choose to. Final Transcript & AP Scores Info
- Parents: SMS Text Opt In Feature for School Messenger: SMS_Text Opt-In Flyer/Instructions
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- Fall Sports Kick-off – Friday, Aug. 19. Festivities begin at 5PM. Concessions will be provided by Muskie Boosters. Introductions begin at 6PM. 2022 Fall Sports Kick-off Friday, Aug. 19
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieActivitie on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Punch Pass/Card for adults are $40 and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This Punch Card allows you 10 admissions into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Career Days/Camps/College/Military Visits **
- Please check back later for Career opportunities!
** Forms **
- School Locker Request (not PE): Student Locker Request Form
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2021-22 Yearbook Distribution Info: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the 2022 Back to School Night on August 23 from 5-7PM. All yearbooks not picked up prior to school beginning, will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center once school is back in session. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2022-23 Curriculum Guide|