** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies! 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
MHS Hours: 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday
MHS Phone #: 563-263-6141
MHS phone system and menu. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- Welcome back to MHS, Class of 2023, 2024, and 2025!
- Freshman Parent Connect Night: MHS will be hosting a Freshman Connect Night on September 6th form 6:30 – 7:30PM in the STEM Room #15-111. This meeting is for Parent/Guardians and their freshman students to come and have questions answered that they may have after the first two weeks of school. We will start the night with a few topics that we feel should be reviewed and then open it up for questions. Please enter using the COMMONS entrance.
- Muskie 5K: Come out and run/walk the Muskie 5K. Come one, come all to Weed Park by the Duck Pond @8:00 AM on Sept. 5th. Contact Mr. Foxen with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org Muskie 5K Registration Link
- It’s not too late to join Girls’ Cross Country! Contact Coach Roberts at email@example.com. Practice starts at 3:45pm on the track. Hope to see you there!
- The Muscatine Youth Choir (grades 7-12) begins August 28! We are a non-auditioned choir that rehearses at Wesley United Methodist Church on Sundays from 3:30 to 4:45pm. The main performance dates are November 13, December 11, and May 14. There is no registration fee this year. Registration is required. For more information, please email Dr. Dan Laaveg, Wesley’s music director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silver Cord Opportunity: The Greater Muscatine Chamber of Commerce & Industry is seeking volunteers to help at the information booth and with cleanup at the Pearl City Vintage Market on Saturday, October 8th on the Muscatine Riverfront. The hours needed are from 10:00am – 3:00pm and shift times can be adjusted based on availability. Please contact GMCCI’s Director of Marketing & Events Dena Ferreira by emailing email@example.com or calling 563-263-8895.
- Pep Rally on Friday! Students will be released to the gym at 2:45PM.
- 10th 11th, & 12th Grade Students: You will be receiving your Student ID during your 1-7 class periods today. You will need this for checking out at lunch, checking out library books, and for attending activities.
Checking out at lunch: You will need to have your id scanned or if you did not receive a Student ID today prior to lunch, you will need to enter your 6 digit Student Id # into the keypad at checkout. This is located on your printed scheduled you received and also in PowerSchool.
- Silver Cord Opportunities: For all Silver Cord Opportunities see the Silver Cord section below!
- MHS Picture Day will take place on Monday, September 12th!
- 9th Grade Students: If you did not receive your Student ID, please check with your 1-7 class teacher. You will need this for checking out at lunch, checking out library books, and for attending activities.
Checking out at lunch: You will need to have your id scanned or if you did not receive a Student ID, you will need to enter your 6 digit Student ID # into the keypad at checkout. This is located on your printed scheduled you received and also in PowerSchool.
- Student Lockers: All students will have a locker assigned to them. Students will need to log into Powerschool (not on the app), select Reports then 2022-23 Locker Report and it will give them their locker # and locker combination.
- 2022-23 Bell Schedules: 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
- Entrance Doors: Doors open at 7:45AM. Bus riders and students being dropped off, please enter through the Commons entrance. Students driving and parking in the Cedar Street Parking Lot, please enter through the “Muskie M” doors. Students driving and parking in the Bonnie Street Parking Lot, enter through the “Gymnasium / Swim Entrance #1” doors. If arriving after 8:15AM, please enter through the Main Entrance.
- Yearbook Pick-up: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center once school is back in session. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Join a Youth Bowling League! Youth Bowling League Information
- Parking Tag Reminder: Reminder that students are to use the same parking tag from the previous year. It will be a $5 charge for all lost parking tags. If you have not received a parking tag or have not registered your vehicle, please fill out the “new vehicle registration form” located under the forms section of the announcements. Forms can be turned into Mrs. Meineke or Mrs. Meeker in the student services. Vehicle Registration Form.pdf
- Incoming 12th Students/Parents: If your student has not received the Meningococcal Vaccine as noted by Iowa Immunization Law, please read the attached letter and if you have any concerns, please email MHS School Nurse, Nancy Van Blarcom at firstname.lastname@example.org. If an appt. is scheduled, please disregard and forward your complete paperwork to Muscatine High School. Thank you! Immunization MCV letter – July 2022.pdf
- MHS Drama – Fall Play Auditions! Our fall play will be “The Play That Goes Wrong” a comedy about a community theatre show that goes terribly wrong. Auditions will be held on August 30 & 31 after school in the auditorium. Students interested should carefully read and follow the instructions given in the Audition Packet – Information document. All MHS students are welcome to audition. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- All Returning Students Must Register Prior to the Starting of the School Year! 2022-23 Returning Student Information
Returning Student Registration 2022-2023 School Year is Open! Parents/Guardians must register you!
- New Student Registration 2022-2023 School Year is Open! (Homeschool students attending in person school for the first time & new students to the District)
New Student Registration 2022-2023
- MCSD 2022-23 Meal Program: USDA did not extend free meals to schools this year unless your
Family qualifies by completing a meal application or through state programs through DHS. Please note that only one Iowa Eligibility Application for free or reduced meals needs to be completed per household, each school year. This year the Application is available online on July 15, 2022.
To apply electronically: please go to www.muscatine.k12.ia.us (hover over Department & Programs, click on Food & Nutrition & scroll down on the page) Full communication: 2022-23 MCSD Meal Program Letter
- MCSD Transportation Request 2022-2023 School Year: MCSD Families with students needing transportation for the 2022-2023 school year please complete this online registration form by CLICKING HERE
Las familias de MCSD con estudiantes que necesitan transporte para el año escolar 2022-2023, completen este formulario de registro en línea HACIENDO CLIC AQUÍ.
- Driver’s Ed: To register for upcoming Driver’s Ed sessions, please visit: mbaea.org/student-programs/driver-education
- Parents: SMS Text Opt In Feature for School Messenger: SMS_Text Opt-In Flyer/Instructions
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieActivitie on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Punch Pass/Card for adults are $40 and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This Punch Card allows you 10 admissions into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Career Days/Camps/College/Military Visits **
- Please check back later for Career opportunities!
** Forms **
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Opportunity: Live Laugh Love Childcare Center is looking for volunteers to work at their annual carnival for their daycare families this Friday, August 26 from 5pm-7pm.
- We need about 10 students who are interested to help run the games/activities.
- Anyone who is interested can call 563-260-1912 and ask for Maggie or Angie until 3pm Monday-Friday.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2021-22 Yearbook Distribution Info: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the 2022 Back to School Night on August 23 from 5-7PM. All yearbooks not picked up prior to school beginning, will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center once school is back in session. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2022-23 Curriculum Guide|