** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies! 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
MHS Hours: 7:45AM-4PM Monday-Friday
MHS Phone #: 563-263-6141
MHS phone system and menu. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- Silver Cord Opportunity: Food Pantry Student Volunteers needed on Tuesday, Sept 13 at the Administration Building. We’re going to need more volunteers for next Tuesday’s food pantry.
We’re forecasting that quite a few items arrive unsorted, thus requiring more work ahead of time.
If interested in volunteering for the MCSD & River Bend Mobile Food Pantry on 09/13/22, please sign up here: https://bit.ly/RiverBendFoodSEPT
- Geneva Golf and Country Club is looking for seasonal bag staff for this Fall! This is a great team atmosphere to work in! Perfect for a high school or college student! Geneva Job Description and Duties
If interested, please apply by reaching out to Matt Dail at 815-441-8989, emailing Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or by calling Geneva Golf and Country Club at 563-263-8942!
- See Activities/Athletics section for scheduled activities, club meetings, etc.
- See Homecoming Activities for all information pertaining to Homecoming 2022!
- Daily Announcements that were automatically delivered previously to those who subscribed is no longer working. We are working on a solution to provide that same kind of service through Parent Square.
- Silver Cord Opportunities: For all Silver Cord Opportunities see the Silver Cord section below!
- MHS Homecoming Parade Invite – Businesses, Schools, Clubs, and Activities of Muscatine: As you probably know, in just a few short weeks homecoming week will be here and that means we need your help in getting ready for the week-long days of spirit and pep! This year’s homecoming theme is “Muskie Mania”. Student Council members and advisors are asking if you want to take part in this fun week of the school year by building a float for the parade, which will take place on September 29th @ 6 pm (lineup @ 5:15 pm). This is a time to promote your business, your elementary or middle school, or the club you represent. If you are interested in taking part, please fill out the parade form via the link
2022 Homecoming Parade Sign-Up
- Juniors & Seniors: This year, MHS Upper-Classmen student drivers will have the opportunity to paint/personalize a parking space on campus within “Upper-Classmen Row!” The paint/personalized parking spaces will be $35 and the parking spot will be theirs during school hours. The parking spots are limited to Seniors and Juniors only ad on a first come, first service basis (with Seniors taking precedence) and can be reserved in either the Bonnie Street or Cedar Street Parking Lots. Checks can be made out to Muscatine High School. Painting party will be on Sat., Sept. 24 from 9AM-2PM. If interested, please pick up a packet at the Attendance Center for more information. Completed form must be returned to the Attendance Center by Sept. 16th
- MHS Picture Day will take place on Monday, September 12th! Staff & remote learning students can get their picture taken from 7AM-2PM. Students attending MHS will get their picture taken during their regularly scheduled English class.
- Parking Tags – Staff & Students: If you drive to school, you must display your MHS parking tag in your vehicle. If you do not have a tag, please go to Student Services for a form. Currently you are receiving a reminder, however in the future, you will be fined $5 and an orange sticker will be placed on your vehicle.
- Parking Tag Reminder: Reminder that students are to use the same parking tag from the previous year. It will be a $5 charge for all lost parking tags. If you have not received a parking tag or have not registered your vehicle, please fill out the “new vehicle registration form” located under the forms section of the announcements. Forms can be turned into Mrs. Meineke or Mrs. Meeker in the student services. Vehicle Registration Form.pdf
- Just a reminder that you may order sub sandwiches & chef salads online using the link below. We do ask that you place your order by 9:30 am, each day. During your meal session, you may look for the pre-order sign near the front of the sub line, follow the arrows & tell the team member your last name. Students will be given their sandwich or salad on a tray so that they may select at least 1 fruit or vegetable from the black salad bar & go to the cashier.
Sub Sandwich & Chef Salad Order Form
If you do not place your order by 9:30 am, we will still make subs or salads for you, but you will have to wait in line.
- Yearbook Pick-up: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Designated Areas Prior to the First Bell of the Day: The Commons, Cafeteria and Library are the designated areas to be in prior to the first bell of the day ringing.
- Student Lockers: All students will have a locker assigned to them. Students will need to log into Powerschool (not on the app), select Reports then 2022-23 Locker Report and it will give them their locker # and locker combination.
- 2022-23 Bell Schedules: 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
- Entrance Doors: Doors open at 7:45AM. Bus riders and students being dropped off, please enter through the Commons entrance. Students driving and parking in the Cedar Street Parking Lot, please enter through the “Muskie M” doors. Students driving and parking in the Bonnie Street Parking Lot, enter through the “Gymnasium / Swim Entrance #1” doors. If arriving after 8:15AM, please enter through the Main Entrance.
- MCSD 2022-23 Meal Program: USDA did not extend free meals to schools this year unless your
Family qualifies by completing a meal application or through state programs through DHS. Please note that only one Iowa Eligibility Application for free or reduced meals needs to be completed per household, each school year. This year the Application is available online on July 15, 2022.
To apply electronically: please go to www.muscatine.k12.ia.us (hover over Department & Programs, click on Food & Nutrition & scroll down on the page) Full communication: 2022-23 MCSD Meal Program Letter
- Driver’s Ed: To register for upcoming Driver’s Ed sessions, please visit: mbaea.org/student-programs/driver-education
- Parents: SMS Text Opt In Feature for School Messenger: SMS_Text Opt-In Flyer/Instructions
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
** Homecoming Week Information **
- MHS Homecoming Parade Invite – Businesses, Schools, Clubs, and Activities of Muscatine: As you probably know, in just a few short weeks homecoming week will be here and that means we need your help in getting ready for the week-long days of spirit and pep! This year’s homecoming theme is “Muskie Mania”. Student Council members and advisors are asking if you want to take part in this fun week of the school year by building a float for the parade, which will take place on September 29th @ 6 pm (lineup @ 5:15 pm). This is a time to promote your business, your elementary or middle school, or the club you represent. If you are interested in taking part, please fill out the parade form via the link by Friday, September 12th @ 4:00 pm.
2022 Homecoming Parade Sign-Up
Muscatine High School hopes to see you in the homecoming parade this year going all out with “Muskie Mania” Make it a great week! Makenna Kopf – Muscatine High School Student Council
- Homecoming Week is Sept. 26. Theme is “Muskie Mania”. Homecoming Dance is on Oct. 1.
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- Social Justice Club: Please join us for our first meeting of the Social Justice Club during Muskie Time next Friday September 9th in Ms. Konczyk’s classroom 22-012. Social Justice Club is a student led group that works to provide a safe space for discussing issues of racism, prejudice, bias, and justice, to educate ourselves and others about a variety of social justice topics, works to take action to eliminate prejudices, and works to normalize exposure to issues of race, sexuality, gender, ability, etc. All are welcome! Please contact Ms. Konczyk with any questions in person or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pride Club – New and Returning Members : Our first meeting of the year will take place during Muskie Time on Wednesday, September 7. We will meet in Cromer’s new room, 21-024 in the M-wing.\
Come eat some snacks and chat about what we want to do this year! LGBTQ+ people and straight allies welcome! Please sign up using Adaptive Scheduler if you plan on attending!
- MHS Martial Arts Club: This club will help build a students confidence / Family and Friend structure and bond / help to become more humble, mature, and respectful as well as mental health benefits along with the Art and skills of Martial Arts. Interested students should email: email@example.com
- Join a Youth Bowling League! Youth Bowling League Information
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieActivitie on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Punch Pass/Card for adults are $40 and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This Punch Card allows you 10 admissions into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Career Days/Camps/College/Military Visits **
- Please check back later for Career opportunities!
** Forms **
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Stinky’s House of Horrors is looking for volunteers with yard work which includes raking, picking up sticks and obstacles in the yard. Troy “Stinky” Philpott may also need assistance with building props, etc..but specific work will be detailed as it is closer to Halloween. The MHS students will not be acting in the Haunt, just doing necessary work to prepare. Those interested may sign up with Stinky by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or messaging on FaceBook.
- The Greater Muscatine Chamber of Commerce & Industry is seeking volunteers to help at the information booth and with cleanup at the Pearl City Vintage Market on Saturday, October 8th on the Muscatine Riverfront. The hours needed are from 10:00am – 3:00pm and shift times can be adjusted based on availability. Please contact GMCCI’s Director of Marketing & Events Dena Ferreira by emailing email@example.com or calling 563-263-8895.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2021-22 Yearbook Distribution Info: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2022-23 Curriculum Guide|