** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies! 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
MHS Hours: 7:45AM-4PM Monday-Friday
MHS Phone #: 563-263-6141
MHS phone system and menu. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- Muskie Basketball Fan Store: Purchase your Muskie Basketball fan gear at https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/ZBQbDKvWkG Store closes on October 14.
- TUESDAY, OCT. 4TH! Grade Students: If you did not receive a Jostens Senior Packet or a Letterman Jacket Form from the Sept. 27th Jostens 12th grade meeting, please stop in Student Services to pick up your packet/form.
- TONIGHT! Muskie Cheer Fundraiser at Culvers on October 4th from 5-8PM. MHS Cheerleader Fundraiser at Culvers – Oct. 4th
- Silver Cord Opportunities: For all Silver Cord Opportunities see the Silver Cord section below!
- MHS Activities – Week of 10/3/2022: MHS Activities – Week of 10/3/22
- The Score WQAD Athlete of the Week: Vote for Ty Cozad! Voting closes on Wednesday. The Score WQAD (@TheScoreWQAD) · Twitter
** 12th Grade Important Dates **
- October 4: Jostens rep will be at MHS to take Senior/Graduation item orders. Orders can also be submitted online at Jostens.com Questions? Call 1-800-Jostens
- October 11: College Application Day College Application Day Info
- October 17 and October 19: FAFSA Completion Nights – Volunteers will be on hand to assist families with FAFSA completion. Please see the insert for details.
- December 9: Baby Ads for Grads to Alex Rauenbuehler – use Google Form link below to turn in. https://forms.gle/xNZhq1X8jZioGoz8A
- December 9: Senior Pictures need to be uploaded for Yearbook.
Go to https://images.jostens.com/416225839
○ User ID: 0BQoSVvppAAMDLYxSZ1ZyBQ
- January: The local scholarship application will be made available to seniors in cooperation with the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine.
- May 21: Graduation Day (Tentative Date)
- Class of 2023: You are invited to the second annual College Application Day at Muscatine High School on Tuesday, October 11th. We are very excited to offer students the opportunity to complete their college applications with support from MHS staff and community volunteers.
The event will take place in the Muscatine High School Library Cafe and is open to all seniors and their parents. The library will be staffed from 8:30-11:00 and 1:00-3:30. Light refreshments will be provided.
Students will need to bring the following items in order to complete their application process:
- Personal information including social security number
- Contact information for three references
- Any supporting documents you would like scanned and submitted with your applicationFor planning purposes we would appreciate an RSVP using the link below but all are welcome. College Application Day RSVP or by calling 264-8637 ext 3573.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Hawkins @ 264-8637 ext. 3118. We look forward to celebrating your high school achievements and helping you take the next step!
- 1oth & 11th Grade Students: PSAT Test: Why take the PSAT? Great standardized test practice and it is the only way to qualify for a National Merit Scholarship.
- Testing Date: October 12, 2022
- Last Date to Sign Up: October 10, 2022
- Procedure to Sign-Up: Pay $18 at the Attendance Office. Bring your receipt once you have paid to Student Services, and sign up with Mrs. Meeker or Mrs. Meineke
- This is a first-come, first-serve test. If paying for the test will be an issue, please contact Mr. Kulland, and he will help you work through this
- Spots Available: 50
- Please mark your calendars for this date as well
- It is highly encouraged to take the test, especially if you plan to attend a college or university after high school. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Kulland at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Student Services office.
- Girls’ Soccer Sign-up: If you are interested in playing girls soccer in the spring now is the time to sign up. Come be part of something special as the Muskies work to get back to the state tournament for the 3rd year in a row. Any questions reach out to
Coach Arceo. LET’S GO SKIES!! Girls’ Soccer Sign-up Form
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will start meeting on Wednesdays during Muskie Time in the Auditorium. Please sign up in Adaptive Schedule next week if you are planning on attending.
- Student pictures from Picture Day can be ordered online at mylifetouch.com with the Student’s ID # or Picture Day ID: EVTVQKHWM. Make up Picture Day is Oct. 18.
- Parents, Guardians, Community – Daily Announcements: If you would like to receive Daily Announcements, please subscribe to the MHS Parent Square subscription group:
MHS Daily Announcements Subscription Link
- Just a reminder that you may order sub sandwiches & chef salads online using the link below. We do ask that you place your order by 9:30 am, each day. During your meal session, you may look for the pre-order sign near the front of the sub line, follow the arrows & tell the team member your last name. Students will be given their sandwich or salad on a tray so that they may select at least 1 fruit or vegetable from the black salad bar & go to the cashier.
Sub Sandwich & Chef Salad Order Form (The form is only available for MHS students and MHS staff to fill out.)
If you do not place your order by 9:30 am, we will still make subs or salads for you, but you will have to wait in line.
- Geneva Golf and Country Club is looking for seasonal bag staff for this Fall! This is a great team atmosphere to work in! Perfect for a high school or college student! Geneva Job Description and Duties
If interested, please apply by reaching out to Matt Dail at 815-441-8989, emailing Matt at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Geneva Golf and Country Club at 563-263-8942!
- Parking Tags – Staff & Students: If you drive to school, you must display your MHS parking tag in your vehicle. If you do not have a tag, please go to Student Services for a form. Currently you are receiving a reminder, however in the future, you will be fined $5 and an orange sticker will be placed on your vehicle.
- Parking Tag Reminder: Reminder that students are to use the same parking tag from the previous year. It will be a $5 charge for all lost parking tags. If you have not received a parking tag or have not registered your vehicle, please fill out the “new vehicle registration form” located under the forms section of the announcements. Forms can be turned into Mrs. Meineke or Mrs. Meeker in the student services. Vehicle Registration Form.pdf
- Student Lockers: All students will have a locker assigned to them. Students will need to log into Powerschool (not on the app), select Reports then 2022-23 Locker Report and it will give them their locker # and locker combination.
- 2022-23 Bell Schedules: 2022-23 MHS Bell Schedules
- Entrance Doors: Doors open at 7:45AM. Bus riders and students being dropped off, please enter through the Commons entrance. Students driving and parking in the Cedar Street Parking Lot, please enter through the “Muskie M” doors. Students driving and parking in the Bonnie Street Parking Lot, enter through the “Gymnasium / Swim Entrance #1” doors. If arriving after 8:15AM, please enter through the Main Entrance.
- MCSD 2022-23 Meal Program: USDA did not extend free meals to schools this year unless your Family qualifies by completing a meal application or through state programs through DHS. Please note that only one Iowa Eligibility Application for free or reduced meals needs to be completed per household, each school year. This year the Application is available online on July 15, 2022.
To apply electronically: please go to www.muscatine.k12.ia.us (hover over Department & Programs, click on Food & Nutrition & scroll down on the page) Full communication: 2022-23 MCSD Meal Program Letter
- Driver’s Ed: To register for upcoming Driver’s Ed sessions, please visit: mbaea.org/student-programs/driver-education
- Parents: SMS Text Opt In Feature for School Messenger: SMS_Text Opt-In Flyer/Instructions
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- MHS Martial Arts Club: Any students interested in joining the MHS Martial Arts Club should sign up for Muskie Time in Adaptive Scheduler. Students can attend any day during the week they are able to; we will meet in the upper gym-boys side. Please contact Jesse Valenzuela at email@example.com) if you have questions or are interested in joining.
- Join a Youth Bowling League! Youth Bowling League Information
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieActivitie on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Punch Pass/Card for adults are $40 and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This Punch Card allows you 10 admissions into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Career Days/Camps/College/Military Visits **
- Check back later for College and Military Visit opportunities
** Forms **
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Opportunity: 4 students needed to assist at an estate sale on Oct 20 and 21 from noon to 7PM and Sat. the 22nd from 9AM to 2PM at 2949 Hwy 22 East Muscatine. Four helpers are needed to carry items from the barn to the sale table and to the cars. If interested please call Susan Ernst at 563-299-0495 for Susan or 563 299-8122 for Becky for any questions.
- Musser Public Library – Five trustworthy teens are needed to provide child care at the library while families are in a meeting. The responsibilities would be:
- Reading stories to young children
- Facilitating imaginative play
- Play games with kids
- Helping children navigate computer games.
These class sessions would be once a month from October through April. Hours needed would be from 5:45-7:30 PM rounded up to 2 silver cord hours. Dates needed: Oct. 10, Nov. 14, Dec. 12, Jan. 9, Feb. 13, Mar. 27 , Apr. 17
If interested, please contact Mr. Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (563) 263-3065 ext 128.
- Riding For Success Volunteer Drive – The Riding For Success Therapeutic Riding Program is looking for volunteers to help with lessons this Fall. We are in need of side-walkers, horse-leaders, chores, exercising horses on off days… Must be 14 yrs +. No horse experience necessary for some roles. We will be hosting Volunteer Training Tuesday, September 13th from 5:30 – 6:30pm at the Muscatine Ag Learning Center. No worries if you can’t make it. We’ll do hands-on-training at lesson start-up! Fall session runs October 3rd – November 17th. Please see attached flyer for more details. To sign-up or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com Riding for Success Flyer
- Stinky’s House of Horrors is looking for volunteers with yard work which includes raking, picking up sticks and obstacles in the yard. Troy “Stinky” Philpott may also need assistance with building props, etc..but specific work will be detailed as it is closer to Halloween. The MHS students will not be acting in the Haunt, just doing necessary work to prepare. Those interested may sign up with Stinky by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or messaging on FaceBook.
- The Greater Muscatine Chamber of Commerce & Industry is seeking volunteers to help at the information booth and with cleanup at the Pearl City Vintage Market on Saturday, October 8th on the Muscatine Riverfront. The hours needed are from 10:00am – 3:00pm and shift times can be adjusted based on availability. Please contact GMCCI’s Director of Marketing & Events Dena Ferreira by emailing email@example.com or calling 563-263-8895.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- 2021-22 Yearbook Distribution Info: Students/families who purchased a Yearbook (The Auroran) from the 2021-22 school year, Yearbooks will be available for pick up at the Attendance Center. There are a limited number of 2021-22 yearbooks that can be purchased on a first-come, first serve basis for $56 at the Attendance Center.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2022-23 Curriculum Guide|